ATTENTION: COVID-19 UPDATE!
As healthcare providers, we have a responsibility to prioritize the well-being of our patients and staff. With the best interest of the community in mind, we are taking all Covid-19 precautions in our office and are now OPEN for seeing patients.
We request you to bring no relatives, friends to reduce crowding in the offices unless they are essential. We are also taking measures to expedite your visit.
What are we doing to make sure our patients are safe:
- Taking temperature with a non-contact thermometer
- Recording signs and symptoms of Covid-19
- Installed a Plexiglass sheet at the Reception desk
- Reducing patient relatives and patients in the waiting area
- Scheduling patients at a larger time interval
- All door handles, furniture and equipment wiped down and sprayed with alcohol
- The eye pressure is checked by using a disposable-covers on the eye pressure instrument
- Frequent hand washing and alcohol cleansing by all staff and wearing masks and PPE
If you or your family member has any of these symptoms, please contact your primary care physician (PCP) or ER or health agencies:
- Have cough, fever, loss of smell, taste, body aches, nausea
- Respiratory symptoms like shortness of breath
- Have traveled to any of the COVID-19 affected countries or states
Please follow ALL safety guidelines from CDC at:
The entire staff at Hashemi Eye Care wishes you and your family good health and safety during these unprecedented times.